Hey Welcome To Our Blog!

Hey! I am Lewis and I am Clara and we are total nerds. We make and blog pictures for you to laugh with your friends. We like Harry Potter and Star Trek and things nerds typically like. We hope you FIND our blog funny. (AVPM joke, google it.)

Sometimes a close friend of ours writes under Lewis' name, so if he sounds like a girl, it really is a girl, not Lewis.

Please remeber to comment on our posts and join as a member at the bottom.

Also follow us by email, and HAVE FUN!

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Pop Culture?

If you're a nerd, I am sure you've all been insulted by your lack of knowledge of pop culture one way or another.
Whether you didn't care about the new gossip girl episode, or you went to see a marvel movie instead of the new "hilarious" rom-com that came out, we've all been there.
I am not saying nerds don't like pop culture, it's that we don't limit our selves to things other people like. By this, I mean just because it's not popular, and just because the cool people don't like it, doesn't mean we won't.

So... In honour of liking things that are popular, and things that aren't, here are some things I've been very, very, interested in,

Music?
One thing about me? I love music. It is sort of like my get away, and there are some bands you need to hear about.
IM5 - My friend told me about this band a while ago. I listened to one of their songs 'disney dudez' and loved them right away. Now I have all of their songs. They aren't very popular yet, but I see a great future for them. They may be a 'boy band', but they are far from your typical one. They dress up as Disney princesses and like star wars!
5SOS - Also known as 5 seconds of summer, this band you may have heard of. Yeah, they are the ones opening for one direction, but they really aren't like one direction at all! They may be considered 'pop' but they have role models like green day, blink-182, and nirvana. This makes their music have a great punk/rock feel too it, that is a great refresher from what is on the radio now a day's. If you are part of the 5SOSfam, you know their album just came out (at 12 am this morning) in north america, and it's already on repeat in my library (I am actually listening to it right now). Another thing about their music is they are really down to earth topics about people who are better than them and about being a 'reject'. I am in love.
Metric - Okay, I've been a fan of them for a few years now. One of my best friends first introduced me to them when I was going through me "I only listen to alternative music" phase. Yes, I had that. Even though I have expanded my horizon, I still love Metric. Most of their recent songs are considered "alternative" but some of their less recent songs like gimme sympathy (a personal favourite) is classified as rock. And, on top of all that, they are Canadian! Yes, the land of tim-bits and maple syrup eh?

Movies?
Okay, I have a confession. I haven't been watching a lot of new movies lately because I've been going through an unintentional Orlando Bloom movie marathon. Yup, all my favourites. Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Pirates of The Caribbean, The Three Musketeers. So here's how it happened. I was watching The Desolation of Smaug for this first time, and I was like 'hey, might as well watch every single Lord Of The Rings movie again right?'. So I did. And then, on my TV there was a Pirates of The Caribbean marathon, so I watched it. Then, I realized I was basically watching all my favourite Orlando Bloom movies and might as well so all out, so I re watched The Three Musketeers.  So, long story short, I don't have a lot of new movie updates, but I did go to see the new Transformers!
Transformers - The movie started, and you knew right away that it was going to be the bomb. I mean that in the literal sense, like a lot of explosions. Before I say anything else, I need to comment on the special effects. They were so amazing. Just wow. They hit the nail on the head in that sense. Now, the acting. The movie was mostly based around Mark Wahlberg, and his on screen family. The daughter was an actress I had never seen before, but I hope to see more of in the future.

Tv?
Well, nothing mind boggling amazing recently. I've been on holiday so I'm mostly spending my TV time watching the game show network... oops. BUT, something very, very important is happening.
http://www.mtv.com/shows/mtvu_fandom_awards/
http://www.mtv.com/shows/mtvu_fandom_awards/
http://www.mtv.com/shows/mtvu_fandom_awards/
YES! FANDOM AWARDS. YOU HEARD RIGHT, IT'S THE FREAKING APOCALYPSE, PEOPLE ARE CONSIDERING FAN GIRLS/BOYS AS HUMANS NOW AND THEY ARE MAKING A FANDOM AWARD SHOW.

Okay, that's about all for now.

I wash my hands of this weirdness,
bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment