Hey Welcome To Our Blog!

Hey! I am Lewis and I am Clara and we are total nerds. We make and blog pictures for you to laugh with your friends. We like Harry Potter and Star Trek and things nerds typically like. We hope you FIND our blog funny. (AVPM joke, google it.)

Sometimes a close friend of ours writes under Lewis' name, so if he sounds like a girl, it really is a girl, not Lewis.

Please remeber to comment on our posts and join as a member at the bottom.

Also follow us by email, and HAVE FUN!

Sunday, 15 December 2013

Breaking it Down: 1D "Story of our life" BLAH

Hey,

I am starting a new thing called "Breaking it Down".

We all like things. We have all came out of a theatre or logged out of netflix saying, "THAT WAS AWWWWESOME".

Our hate and love cover faults and praise.

That is why I am taking things I hate & love and finding actually specific good and bad things about it even if it goes against my praise or hatred.

I would like to start with a deep dislike, 1D.

They made a new song called "Story of My Life"

Overall the vocals aren't half bad.
They lyrics thought is a totally different idea.
"The story of my life
I take her home
I drive all night to keep her warm
And time... is frozen (the story of, the story of)
The story of my life
I give her hope
I spend her love
Until she's broke
Inside
The story of my life (the story of, the story of)"

Actually makes no sense. 
When people say "Story of my life" they say it either sarcastically or funny. The singing perceives otherwise. You can't hear what they say (I had to google the lyrics), and there is a grammatical error (lets see if you can find that).  If you were saying it in the sarcastic way "Story of My Life" perceives the chorus would literally mean:

I took a female thing home (it could be dog, could be human, you never know)
You drove to keep her warm (even though cars tend to be cold if it's cold out. Maybe stoping at a chalet or maybe I don't know your house would be a better idea)
I am magical wizard that can freeze time (even though Harry Potter can't even mess with time without a time turner, which I doubt 1D got from Hermione)
I handed her some bread by the company Hope.
I spend her coins she calls love at Target
Until she has no coins (even though you spent a lot of effort to take her home and keep her warm, just so you can take her money)

Yup.

Also, the actual music and notes are typical and bland. You could learn the first 2 lines and the chorus and without the notes just the words could sing the whole song. They first 4 lines of the chorus are like only 3 different notes (#creative #sarcasm). They use typical timing, notes, rhythm and basically anything they could do to make the song interesting, they didn't do.

Well that's it,

Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment